Friday, September 01, 2006

Bakery

There is an amazing bakery next door to where I work which has been a staple in my diet thus far in Mexico. If I don't grab something there for lunch--I make sure to stop by for a snack. I am trying to try everything that comes out of their ovens. I can always lose weight later, eh?

You should see the variety of the pasteries and sandwiches that change daily. They have anything you could think of.
My favorites have been the empanadas which is essentially a butter croissant filled with whatever is marked on it. The ham ones are smiply 'delectable'--(T. Lyons)

Spinach is to Popeye as jamon empanada is to me.

Lets see...You ask--Does this bakery have beautiful loafs of bread? Heck yes they do...How about a donut with sprinkles, a mini cheesecake and a tuna sandwich. Sure enough they have it. How about a 3 foot chocolate sombrero cake. Yep, got that too.

Pictures coming soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great little place. You better bring back some recipes for us.