Sunday afternoon, Polo, his girlfriend Patty and I went to a wonderful Mexican restaurant with a great Mariachi band equipped with trumpets, guitars and ridiculous outfits. It was quite a show. A handful of people approached the table while we were eating to get autographs from Polo. One man was so touched that he almost started to cry...I did my best to hold back my smile.
After dinner we attended the closing show of "Sálvese Quien Pueda" the Spanish version of Ray Cooney's "Run For Your Wife." Three of Polo's friends were performing in the play so we went to support them. Walking into the theatre, Polo took four or five interviews with TV stations while Patty and I stood in the background as part of his entourage.
We were seated with the likes of with other comedians, actors, and musicians near the center of the theatre.
The play was quite funny even though I only understood the situations and not much of the dialogue.
After the play, Polo and many of the celebrities in the audience were called up on stage to present the actors with awards.
We left soon after and headed to an argentian restaurant where we met most of the cast and many of the people that were on stage after the play. It was a little weird to sit with them because they don't understand how famous I am in America...actually quite the opposite. They were all very friendly but none spoke much of any English so I sat...had a beer...sat some more...smiled at awkward times...you know the drill.
The guy I sat next to was a very friendly man. I am going to have to ask Polo what his name was again...I think it was Chabbaaaaaaiii dont know...anyways. He has had a kids show on TV every sunday morning at 7am for the last 40+ years and is more famous to mexicans than our Sesame Street or Mr Rogers is to American kids. I want to know what all the fuss is about so Chabbasomething or another and I have a date at 7am this Sunday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment